This chapel was probably founded in the 16th century, on the initiative of a nobleman from the Meneses family.
The exterior of the chapel is modest. The interior has a single nave, with the main chapel separated from the nave by a transept with the coat of arms of the Counts of Cantanhede, and features a vaulted dome with eight ribs. The Mannerist altarpiece carved in Ançã stone dates from 1648 and consists of three arched clamshell niches, the central being the highest. Above the niches rises a pediment with the representation of God the Father with open arms. At the base of the retable rests the stone altar on a smooth column. The statuary is of stone and belongs to various epochs: the image of S. Tiago (fifteenth century); S. João Baptista (16th -17th century); S. Thomas (seventeenth century) and St ª Euphemia.
It can be visited upon reservation at the Paroquia de Cantanhede (Parish church)
Largo de S. João